Thursday, November 24, 2011

No. 46- Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix




Film: Harry Potter & The Order
of the Phoenix


Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Gary Oldman
Directed by: David Yates

Released: 2007


I first saw this movie...
Midnight showing, AMC Theater

Why I love it...
I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. Before this movie I had very casually seen each of the HP films and liked them alright. But this movie is so much more than a Harry Potter movie. There's a depth and heart completely unexpected. You can see a lot of effort from the direction of Yates, and Gary Oldman's performance is perfection. I'm also a big fan of the fight scene between Dumbledore and Voldemort at the end. Pretty epic stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty bummed I was on my mission for this midnight showing. I agree, this movie brought more depth than any of the movies before it.

    ReplyDelete