Monday, January 9, 2012

No. 20- Scott Pilgrim VS The World







Film: Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Starring: Michael Cera

Directed by: Edgar Wright

Released: 2010


I first saw this movie...
2010, in theater

Why I love it...
I went into this movie minutes after being told it was terribe and that it made you hate everyone in it.
But the first moment you hear that 8-bit Universal Studios theme, you knew you were in for something special. Michael Cera rubs some people the wrong way, and I get that. But this movie is perfect for people that are like that. Cause the truth is, Scott Pilgrim isn't a great guy. He's real- flaws and everything. Then there's the great references to Nintendo, comics, rock music, anime, and everything else I have too much knowledge of.
The best part about this movie though is the fast pace it has. It's not a movie you casually watch the first time in the background. No, you have to give it your full attention to truly understand how great it is. It's hilarious and witty and awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we went and saw this despite all of the awful comments people were making. How many times did you see it in theaters?

    ReplyDelete