Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No. 22- Stranger Than Fiction







Film: Stranger Than Fiction

Starring: Will Ferrel, Maggie Gyllenhaal
Directed by: Marc Forster

Released: 2006


I first saw this movie...
2007, friend's house

Why I love it...
I was convinced for a long time that I would never enjoy a Will Ferrel movie. I had been forced into too many nights of sitting watching the same movie (with different titles/occupations to add variety I guess). But then this little gem came along and blew my mind.
It's offbeat and clever. Some of my most favorite quotes come from this film, which just goes to show the fun that each character provides. And Ferrel actually gives a really solid performance. There are a couple moments where I have to catch my breath from the sincerity in his voice and in his eyes. And it has given me a newfound fondness for giving flowers as a romantic gift.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love this movie! we just on a wim bought it, have never seen it before, and now it's one of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is a great movie, but it's a great blend of many things I love in life: taxes, baking, writing, and electric guitars.

    ReplyDelete