Monday, January 30, 2012

No. 11- Dan In Real Life






Film: Dan In Real Life

Starring: Steve Carell

Directed by: Peter Hedges

Released: 2007


I first saw this movie...
Circa 2009

Why I love it...
Steve Carell in a movie that is both hilarious and heartfelt, centered around his family- it was inevitably going to be great.
I don't know what it is about Steve Carell but he's really great at being the guy you get. Cause he seems to get you.
There have been lots of times in my life where I would sit down to watch this because I needed to outwardly see something that resembled what I was feeling inside. I don't think there's anyone who can't identify with the struggle to try and be a good person, work hard, and bring up good kids while also trying to be happy and a little selfish with your own needs. And it gives me hope that things will work out, just maybe in a messy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment