Thursday, February 2, 2012

No. 10- Big Fish






Film: Big Fish

Starring: Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney

Directed by: Tim Burton

Released: 2003


I first saw this movie...
2003

Why I love it...
This movie taught me how to love. It's romantic, it's dramatic, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. To me, it's Tim Burton's masterpiece.
But what really carries this movie is the protagonist, Edward Bloom, and the incredible performances by Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney- each portraying Bloom at different stages in his life. They each have this perfect charm that radiates in the tall tale atmosphere of this film.
And it's probably the only movie I would quote in a serious conversation multiple times. It's just got some heavy hitters.

"There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost-
 the ship has sailed and only a fool would continue. 
Truth is... I've always been a fool."

No comments:

Post a Comment