Monday, February 27, 2012

No. 2- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind






Film: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Starring: Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Tom Wilkinson

Directed by: Charlie Kaufman, Michel Gondry

Released: 2004


I first saw this movie...
2005

Why I love it...
I remember vividly the night I first watch Eternal Sunshine. I was at home, having rented the film. I watched it late, I think it ended just past midnight. And most of all I remember the feeling afterward. I believe the greatness of a movie is most shown by how changed you feel, how affected you are emotionally after watching it. And this movie hit me harder than anything I knew.
It's different, to say the least. The storyline is a bit bizarre, the cinematography is gorgeous and interesting (many camera tricks that Hollywood usually would use CGI for are just blocked out), and the characters are so real it's scary. At some points you are tickled, at other points you are holding back tears.
What makes this movie so wonderful is its insight into the human heart. Every emotion is present and raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment