Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No. 8- Contact






Film: Contact

Starring: Jodie Foster

Directed by: Robert Zemeckis

Released: 1997


I first saw this movie...
Circa 2001

Why I love it...
It seems to happen every time I suggest watching this film with a friend who has never seen it- they're turned off it because they're not interested in seeing a Sci-Fi movie. But then I have to explain that, though there are science fiction themes, it's really not about that at all. And that's why I love this film: it's about a woman's journey to understand and find faith. That's a bold subject to tackle, and difficult to make appealing to the masses. But it's so skillfully pieced together and Jodie Foster's performance is powerful. She carries so much passion in the right moments. I don't think I've ever watch the scene at the end where she's declaring her newfound faith without having my heart swell up inside of me.
Also, who would ever think that Matthew McConaughottie could be in a great movie? And not even ruin it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment