Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No. 5- Super 8






Film: Super 8

Starring: Joel Courtney, Elle Fanning, Kyle Chandler

Directed by: J.J. Abrams

Released: 2011


I first saw this movie...
2011, Cine-Capri

Why I love it...
This is by far the most recent film on my list- and is strong at #5. This may surprise and confuse a few, but I have no hesitation. First off, you have the genius of J.J. Abrams- who is quickly proving to be even stronger in his movie pursuits than his claim to fame (television's Lost). The guy has a unique vision and executes it quite beautifully. And then you have the cast of young teenagers. They're solid actors and give a great performance. They're funny and genuine. They remind you of kids you went to junior high with.

But why I love this movie most is its ability to gently touch each person's heart- no matter who they are or where they come from. How? With its innocence. Everyone was a kid once and everyone relates to the simplicity, the excitement, the heartache, the ambition- everything that meant you were a teenager.
And it has, in my opinion, one of the more romantic lines of any movie: "I'm just doing the best I can to save you"

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like this movie as much as I thought I would when I saw it in the theater. Then I watched it a couple months ago and just loved it. Glad to see it in your top five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my hubby got this as a christmas gift, we wanted to see it but hadn't.

      i'm just an emotional female, but i was so happy in the end i almost cried, then i cursed jj abrams for that.

      it's an exciting, fun, and beautiful movie.

      Delete