Monday, February 13, 2012

No. 6- Little Miss Sunshine






Film: Little Miss Sunshine

Starring: Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Greg Kinnear

Directed by: Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris

Released: 2006


I first saw this movie...
2006, theater

Why I love it...
There's a lot of goodness going on here. It's a flawless cast, the soundtrack is awesome, and the humor is smart and simple. But the reason I love it and the reason I always recommend it to people is because it's a more realistic look at families. Cause people are bizarre, especially within their own families. This movie doesn't exaggerate imperfections, though it's not necessarily the average family clan. I'm not suggesting every family has a gay uncle, an opinionated cocaine user for a grandfather, and a son who has taken a vow of silence. It's more how they all interact with one another- with equal amounts of love and sarcasm. Odd as it is, this film truly reminds me how much I love my family.

1 comment:

  1. i saw this movie a few months ago and i thought it was wonderful. honestly, though i'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies.

    anywho, i loved how much the mother was willing to do to make sure her little girl got to do what she loved, and how much the family came together.

    ReplyDelete